Sunday, October 2, 2011

While the Hunter is away... The Gatherer will Decorate!

It's that time of year again where the J man morphs into the mountain man. The beard begins to grow out, the big black boots come out of the closet for oiling, and snipper looking things begin to pile in corners as he prepares for his week long camping/hunting trip. On this trip he goes far into the moutains in hopes to find that deer and frankly to get away from the hustle and bustle of everything else.

So whats a girl to do with this kind of time on her hands? Decorate! I went on a little adventure this afternoon and peeked around the shed for the grey tote labelled Fall. Its October 2nd, its time to get cracking. I dont really do Halloween decorations, but I do love Autumn. Maybe if I had kids, I would do the ghost and goblin thing. Heres a couple pictures of the decorating thus far. Nothing too fancy. I think I might make some garland with the cricuit this week. Have any of you started to decorate? Do you prefer Halloween or Fall decor?

Oh and P.S. Remember the bundt cake? Well that made itself into a ziplock bag and deep into the mountains also. Catch my drift?

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get the cute little trees that are on both sides of your door? I like those. I would love to decorate, but they need to be out of reach of a very mobile baby, so outside stuff is good. I don't like Halloween decor either except maybe pumpkins. Your house look so cute! I wouldn't expect nay less form you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you! I like Fall decorations. ;) They are Juniper bushes. I bought at Lowes. And put them in those urn like planters. They would grow much bigger if they were in the ground. And then I just put a string of leaves around the base, that I bought at the Dollar Tree.

    ReplyDelete