Monday, September 26, 2011

OH NO! Baking Season has arrived!

I think it’s time to sign up for another Fitness Boot Camp; Holiday baking has begun in my house. I know, I know it’s only the end of September, and some of you are holding on to the last bit of sunshine you can. But me, well I am ready… bring on the overcast weather, sweats, boots, soups, bake goods and artsy decorations.

My motivation for baking so soon…Seeing all the goodies this past weekend at the Bishop Ranch Pumpkin Patch. (which by the way is beautiful in every sense)


To kick the season off right I went with my Pumpkin Bundt Cake. If I was a food writer I would call it Simple Decadence. It’s very simple to make and requires just a few easy ingredients. The cake is moist on the inside with slightly crispy edges. It’s just perfect and has gotten the seal of approval from the pickiest of eaters, and the J man LOVES it! Now that I have teased you with all these adjectives, I guess I will include the recipe. :) It will be a hit at your next gathering, promise.


Ingredients
• 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
• 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
• 4 eggs
• 1/4 cup water
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
• 1 cup canned pumpkin
• 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
• Powdered sugar, Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
Directions
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Beat on medium for about 4 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.


Now that baking has started, you know what comes next, oh yes, glue gun burns, modge podge fingers, and trails of projects in progress. Yup you guessed it, time to start the holiday crafting… Hey, just think only 2 months til Christmas! I love the Holidays. Do you?

1 comment:

  1. I tried this and it was soooo good! Really got us in the fall spirit. Can't wait to make it for my coworkers. It never made it there. Looking forward to more recipes this season!

    ReplyDelete