Monday, October 10, 2011

Dumped...

Happy Monday Everyone! It’s cold and rainy here in Sacramento today; making it hard to concentrate on work. I’d rather be at home in my Snuggie. Did everyone have a nice weekend? J got back from his hunting trip on Friday afternoon; I was excited to see him. I also think he was happy to be home. It was a nice weekend.

On Saturday I drove to Nevada City and met my sister, her family, my Aunt Carol, cousin Timmy, his girlfriend, her kids, and cousins Oscar and Paula at Scott’s Flat Lake Campground. It was a beautiful location with a small fishing lake. They had been camping for a couple days and I decided to stay on Saturday night so I could spend some time with my nieces and nephew and of course everyone else.

I didn’t want to show up empty handed so I decided to make a good ol Peach Dump Cake. Have you ever had a dump cake? OMGoodness! They are delicious and most of all so simple to make. A Dump Cake is an old fashion dessert, and use to be a staple in many households in the years past. It does not require many ingredients, making it inexpensive to make and nor does it require much skill. It’s definitely something you can whip up quick for your next pot luck, family dinner, or luncheon.



Selling points for the Dump Cake
• Only a 9x13 dish to clean and a small bowl for melted butter
• Only takes 5-7 minutes to prepare, if that
• A great way to introduce children to baking
• Yummy goodness


I used canned peaches but you can use just about anything, cherry/apple pie filling, canned fruit or any type of berry etc. What’s great is you can use canned fruit, frozen berries you have in the freezer and of course fresh fruit! It taste great either way! If you try it let me know what you think. Bye Bye!

Ingredients
• 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix.
• 2 cans of sliced peaches.
• 11/2 sticks of butter.
• Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. (optional)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Drain peaches and place them in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. (Spread peaches out evenly.) Dump the entire box of yellow cake mix over the top of the peaches. Melt butter and pour over the top of the cake mix evenly. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. (may take less or more time depending on your oven) Remove from oven and let cool until it’s safe to serve. Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream is optional.

3 comments:

  1. You have great simple recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pic of the fisherman! Love the dump cakes. So glad you taught me this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their so good! Jill have you tried it? Kim which flavor is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete