Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Let's get this Party Started!

Two years ago I had this vision to start a blog after I got married and write about the life changes that had come and document the adventure Jeromy and I had set out on together. Well… It’s September 21, 2011 and I am a little behind. So I will catch you up and get this blog going.

On May 5, 2009 we received keys to our new home we purchased, what a surreal, gratifying, and exciting moment! Short of 2 months later on July 4, 2009 I was walking down the aisle to marry my main man Jeromy. (aka “J”) It was a hot day, somewhere in the mid 90’s, beautiful blue skies and Down Town Sacramento was the back drop. The event went off with out a hitch, well there was one hitch. But you get what I mean… As many Brides would say, the day went by incredibly fast. I so wish I could go back to the same wedding and be a guest, to really see the details, I had put together for the previous 8 months. Anyone else feel that way?? The day was filled with friends, family, drinks, dancing, singing, smiles, tears, and most of all LOVE. I thoroughly enjoyed the wedding planning process, and I could seriously be addicted to getting married, each wedding would be different… Different seasons, different dress, different colors. Maybe I can convince Jeromy we need a winter wedding also. Hmmm.

After getting married, turbo mode kicked in. Every minute was spent working on our new house, (with a little travel in between, I will post that later) although it had been renovated on the inside, it had no backyard and the white walls and lack of character drove me/us crazy. So the next couple years would be Mission Backyard, Painting, and Crown Molding. Now 2 years later it is looking almost complete and we have been enjoying the progress. Trust me I still have a Wish List, but one step at a time.

I would feel horrible if I did not mention… We added an addition to our 2 member family shortly after getting married. Her name is Dotty Bea, she is now 2 years old and she is the smartest, biggest attention hog, sweetest, and almost human like Springer Spaniel you will ever meet. She IS the real Boss around the house. But I don’t think we would have it any other way.

Now that we are up to speed in a nut shell, I hope you will stick around for my post to come. I will share life stories, craft projects, business ideas, and everything in between. If you would like to read more about me, check out the “About Me” section.







4 comments:

  1. Good work homie!Keep it up! Looking forward to the next post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Slowly getting it figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wedding was so beautiful and so much fun. I would not have wanted to be anywhere else on the 4th of July!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could have spend more time with all of you. It went by sooo fast!

    ReplyDelete